Required Sexual Harassment Prevention Training Available Now
The “Harassment/Discrimination, Sexual Misconduct/Violence Reporting Obligations” module is available now through Feb. 28 in KU’s MyTalent system. All University of Kansas faculty and staff are required to take the training before March 1. I encourage you to complete the required online training at your earliest convenience by following the instructions below.
As an institution, we are committed to a campus community free from sexual harassment, sexual misconduct, sexual violence and discrimination. We must work to provide a safer and empowering environment for students, faculty and staff to learn and work. The deans, vice provosts and vice chancellors have reinforced their support for this training. Our hope is that you also will see the value the training provides in creating and reinforcing shared knowledge and expectations.
All KU employees—with few exceptions—are mandatory reporters, which means you are required to report to the Office of Institutional Opportunity and Access incidents of discrimination, sexual harassment and sexual violence involving students or colleagues. As faculty and staff, we have a legal and ethical obligation to know how to recognize, intervene and report incidents, as well as how to best support survivors.
Completing the Training
Please complete the required Harassment/Discrimination, Sexual Misconduct/Violence Reporting Obligations” training module in KU’s MyTalent system at your earliest opportunity.
- The module takes approximately one hour to complete.
- It will appear in your “To Do” tile after you log into the MyTalent system and will remain until you complete the module.
- You must go through the entire module. Simply logging in or partially completing the module will not register as “complete.”
- The content of this training may be difficult for those affected by sexual misconduct, sexual harassment or sexual violence. If you feel you cannot complete this training due to a past trauma or other reason, please contact the Office of Institutional Opportunity and Access at 785-864-6414 or email@example.com.
- If you experience technical issues, please contact KU Information Technology at 785-864-8080 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The deadline for all employees to complete this training is March 1.
Thank you for all you do at KU. Collectively and individually, we contribute toward building and maintaining a safer, healthier and more supportive campus environment.
Interim Provost & Executive Vice Chancellor
Resource Wheel for Sexual and Intimate Partner Violence.
You can find additional resources, information, and training opportunities through KU’s Sexual Assault Prevention & Education Center.
If you are aware of an incident of harassment or sexual violence involving a member of our campus community, please contact the Office of Institutional Opportunity and Access.
If you need assistance with the MyTalent system, please contact the main office of Human Resource Management, email@example.com, 785-864-4946.