Resources for the Communities We Serve

Various offices across the university provide resources to the communities they serve.

All-Campus Resources:

ADA Center for Equity and Accessibility is committed to providing equal access for individuals with disabilities to the academic, social, cultural, and employment opportunities available at KU. The office is designed to be a one-stop shop for information on equal access, accessibility, and disability at KU and directs students to resources available specifically for them (Student Access Center).  Email for more information or call 785-864-4946.

Campus Cupboard is designed to help end food insecurity on campus by improving access to healthy food and food resources with collaborations among KU departments and community agencies. The Campus Cupboard is located on Level 4 of the Kansas Union. Email or contact the Center for Community Outreach for more information.

Diversity, Equity, Inclusion and Belonging represents a community of care that is committed to fostering diversity, equity, and inclusion practices and policies across all spaces and environments of KU. Email for more information or call 785-864-4904.

  • The Office of Diversity, Equity, Inclusion & Belonging created a guide with additional resources and support for the Asian, Asian-American and Pacific Islander community.

The Office of Civil Rights and Title IX is available to assist students, faculty, and staff with any concerns about harassment and discrimination. File a complaint by emailing , by calling 785-864-6414, or by filling out an online complaint form.

University Ombuds Office is a safe place where members of the campus community can seek informal, independent, confidential and impartial assistance in addressing conflicts, disputes, or complaints without fear of retaliation or judgment. The purpose of the Ombuds Office is to act as “an ear to the people,” and the Ombuds is exempt from mandatory reporting. For more information, call 785-864-7261 or

Resources Specifically for Students:

Academic Retention and Engagement Center supports students through dedicated initiatives and programs including Hawk Link, Multicultural Scholars Program, Haskell-KU Exchange Program, KC Scholars, Hispanic Development Fund Scholars, and the Adidas Leadership Scholars. Offers dedicated support for undocumented students. Advocates for and connects students to campus and community resources.

Counseling and Psychological Services (CAPS) is designed to aid in the emotional and psychological development of students in the university environment for the purpose of enhancing performance; assist in the evaluation of student academic progress for the purpose of improving student and faculty functioning and; contribute to the professional education of graduate students in mental health and counseling professions. It can assist students with psychological, interpersonal, and family problems. Individual sessions, group sessions and psychiatric services are available. CAPS can be reached by calling the front desk during business hours (8 a.m. to 5 p.m., Monday to Friday) to schedule a first appointment: 785-864-2277.

Edwards Campus Student Resources provides information and connections to a variety of programs, services and resources available to students studying on the Overland Park campus, such as accommodations, mental health resources, veteran services and more.

Emergency Aid Network an online resource primarily geared toward students, but also serving staff and faculty, experiencing financial obstacles. The network’s website provides information about campus and community resources including information about emergency funding resources.

Emily Taylor Center for Women & Gender Equity supports the personal, educational, and professional success of students through challenging patriarchal norms, which impede full access to the university. Utilizing an intersectional feminist framework, the center engages our community in expansive conversations around gender identity, raises awareness around inequity, and empowers students to advocate for themselves and others at the University of Kansas and beyond.  Email for more information on the support available or call 785-864-3552.

Get Help NOW with ULifeline is a confidential counseling service, which KU CAPS is a member of, that provides support via phone. Call 1-800-273-8255 or text “START” to 741-741. The National Suicide Prevention Lifeline is a national 24-hour toll-free suicide prevention and intervention telephone resource that provides immediate assistance to individual in suicidal crisis by connecting them to the nearest available suicide prevention and mental health service providers.

Health Education Resource Office (HERO) supports student wellbeing through a variety of programs. Follow them on Instagram for physical and mental wellbeing videos and resources that can be accessed any time, or request a one-on-one session with a health educator. Email for more information or call 785-864-9500.

International Support Services has an academic resource coordinator to guide students towards resources on campus and in the community to support wellbeing and success. Email for more information or call 785-864-3617.

  • The KU Academic Accelerator Program encourages students to meet with their student services advisor to discuss any concerns or problems. Email to connect.
  • Applied English Center connects students with a cross-cultural advisor to discuss any concerns or problems, including, program accommodations to aid in the classroom. Email or call 785-864-4606 for more information.

Legal Services for Students provides advice and consultation to students on most legal matters. Email or call 785-864-5665 for more information.

Office of Multicultural Affairs provides support and services for current and prospective students from historically marginalized populations. OMA’s programs and services enhance the retention and persistence of students, while supporting their academic, personal and professional development. Additionally, through purposeful coalitions, the office offers diversity and social justice education programs that foster inclusive learning environments for the campus community. Email for more information or call 785-864-4350.

Student Affairs Care Team The Office of Student Affairs coordinates and develops student support services and programs and serves as an advocate for student needs across the university community that contribute to overall academic success. Student Affairs extends beyond the classroom. For those who are worried about a friend or classmate, refer a student you are concerned for to the care team. Email for more information or call 785-864-4060.

Student Access Center (SAC) assists students with disabilities by facilitating accommodations that remove barriers to their academic success. SAC coordinates accommodations for all students who may need them – including disabilities that are physical, medical, sensory, psychological, or related to attention or learning. Email or call 785-864-4064.

Resources Specifically for Faculty and Staff:

Center for Teaching Excellence aids instructors with time-efficient and effective ways to improve student learning and assists faculty with representing the intellectual work they perform as teachers. CTE advisors meet individually with faculty and instructional staff who want to discuss any facet of teaching and student learning, such as:

  • Addressing student mental health;
  • Student support and resources;
  • Inclusive teaching

Email or call 785-864-4199 for more information.

Emergency Aid Network an online resource primarily geared toward students, but also serving staff and faculty, experiencing financial obstacles. The network’s website provides information about campus and community resources including information about emergency funding resources for a variety of concerns.

Faculty Development & Mentoring focuses on simplifying faculty affairs processes, building supportive faculty partnerships, and initiating a networked model of mentoring, development and engagement opportunities for faculty, by faculty, collaborating closely with the Office of Diversity, Equity, Inclusion and Belonging. Please email or call 785-864-6489.

Faculty and Staff Affinity Councils  The various faculty and staff councils are self-governing bodies that employees can join. They are often a source of support for members and serve as a channel to share ideas and concerns directly with campus leadership. The Diversity, Equity, Inclusion and Belonging website provides a list of current councils and networks and a means to connect with campus colleagues with similar backgrounds.

Human Resource Management (HRM)  provides employees with resources to support the health and wellbeing of the KU workforces.  

  • Learning & Development provides professional Human Resource help on items related to professional development, employee recognition, performance management, and tuition assistance. Please contact the associate director of Human Resources for Learning & Development by email or call 785-864-4946
  • Employee Assistance Program is a service provided for State of Kansas benefits eligible employees and their dependents at no charge. The EAP provides information, short-term counseling, advice, and referrals from licensed professionals.

Additional Community-wide Resources:

Hate Crime Reporting:


Mental Health: