Greetings from the University of Kansas!
We’ve assembled information that will help you better consider and appreciate this great institution we call home. This page centralizes links to a variety of offices, activities, and initiatives that provide insight into KU as an institution and as an academic community. While not comprehensive in scope, the provided links offer you a greater understanding of what makes KU a truly distinctive place.
Learn more about Lawrence:
The university’s main campus is located in Lawrence, an alluring and engaged city and major destination in northeast Kansas. Lawrence’s historic roots stretch back to the pre-civil war era and the work of abolitionists to make Kansas a free state.
Lawrence is just a stone’s throw away from the unique Kansas City metro area. Split by a state line, Kansas City offers all the top amenities expected in one of America's major vibrant cities and all the charm and hospitality of the Midwest. KC is home to the KU Edwards Campus and the KU Medical Center campus.
Take a short drive west of Lawrence and you’ll be in the capital city of Topeka, a place of history with a growing future.
- November 6, 2018First engineering dean candidate to present Nov. 9
- November 2, 2018University will honor veterans with slate of November events
- October 31, 2018Three engineering dean candidates invited to campus
- October 31, 2018Nominations sought for next KU Common Book
- October 29, 2018Staff selected for KU's 2018-2019 Aspiring Leaders Program
Visit the Policy Office for more information.
- One of 34 U.S. public institutions in the prestigious Association of American Universities
- 44 nationally ranked graduate programs.
—U.S. News & World Report
- Top 50 nationwide for size of library collection.
- 23rd nationwide for service to veterans —"Best for Vets," Military Times