Update Emergency/Weather Essential Staff List
In accordance with section 6 of the Inclement Weather Policies and Procedures, unit leaders are asked to review and update the list of employees and/or essential departmental functions that have been designated as emergency (weather essential) staff. Access the lists using the links below.
This year, we ask that you submit your updates to Human Resource Management at firstname.lastname@example.org as soon as possible, and no later than Wednesday, Dec. 1. Please feel free to redirect this request to the appropriate staff member in your unit for completion.
Please submit changes via email to email@example.com, and include the following information:
- Position Number
- Employee Name
- Addition or Deletion or Change
- Emergency/Weather Essential Code (listed below)
If no changes are needed, please send an email back to firstname.lastname@example.org indicating the department name and that the current information is correct.
Emergency/Weather essential designation is only applicable to positions that are required to work on campus during the declaration. You may want to review the Human Resource Management Frequently Asked Questions regarding this topic.
The list for validation may be provided by the Budget Officers, Personnel Related department staff (with time reviewer and/or directory roles), or Shared Service Center who have current access to the OAC Human Resource data bookmarks below and will need to add a filter for their area.
- Listing of who currently has an Emergency/Weather Essential designated.
- A listing of all employees with no data exclusions.
The weather essential “Attributes” codes are defined below:
- WEA1A — Emergency/Weather Essential
- WEA1B — Emergency/Weather Essential Backup (fill role if WEA1A is unavailable)
- WEA2A — Emergency/Weather Essential Intermittent (event based)
- WEA2B — Emergency/Weather Essential Intermittent Back up (fill role if WEA2A is unavailable)
Thank you for your assistance. If you have questions about these updates, please contact Human Resource Management (email@example.com).
Vice Provost for Operations and Chief Human Resource Officer