Building Communities, Expanding Opportunities
KU strives to identify obstacles to human rights and development and to find sustainable solutions to these problems. Already, we are researching migration patterns to be better informed of the dynamics behind the development of civic communities. We are studying the economic, educational, social, public health, and developmental problems facing America’s children. We are focusing on ways to strengthen our cities and build stronger leaders.
- Identify specific areas of current and future focus where KU can build upon existing strengths, including
- Addressing Disparities and Promoting Social Justice
- Building Communities and Opportunities Through Education
- Building Health Communities
- Migration and Changing Communities
- Focus on hiring in clusters, particularly team-leading researchers with the leadership to pull together multiple disciplines within the areas of focus.
- Create formal and informal opportunities for the emergence of a strong research community addressing issues of inequality and social justice.