Goal 6 | Developing Infrastructure and Resources
Responsibly steward fiscal and physical resources and energize supporters to expand the resource base
Archived monthly updates are now available on the Implementation Progress page.
November 2013 Updates
Strategy 6-A: Reallocate resources on a regular basis to priorities
- KU is in the second year of implementing savings and efficiencies identified by Changing for Excellence (CFE). Additional updates on progress across CFE can be found at www.cfe.ku.edu.
Strategy 6-B: Create a comprehensive process for facilities planning
- The master planners and KU team are fully immersed in the final phase of the master planning process. HEWV was on campus the first week in November and held additional meetings focused on landscape, parking & transit, utilities, accessibility, and infrastructure needs. In addition, Steering and Executive committee meetings as well as presentations to Student Affairs and Research were scheduled. We are working through the science building site plan once again before HEWV returns the second week of December. At this time we will have the final Executive Committee meeting as well as an initial master plan presentation to a few select groups. The first draft of the campus master plan will be submitted in early 2014 and final documents to be submitted in March 2014.
Strategy 6-C: Energize Far Above, the comprehensive fundraising campaign
- A detailed campaign plan has been developed and is being implemented by the KU Endowment Association in conjunction with key KU units.
- Advisory boards for the schools, College, and major academic units continue to meet to ensure that goals and strategies are appropriately prioritized for Far Above.
- The KU Endowment Association has developed campaign materials for the schools, College, and major academic units for distribution when meeting with potential donors and alumni.