Goal 3 | Driving Discovery and Innovation
Enhance research broadly with special emphasis upon areas of present and emerging strength in order to push the boundaries of knowledge and benefit society
Archived monthly updates are now available on the Implementation Progress page.
November 2013 Updates
Strategy 3-A: Pursue multidisciplinary strategic initiatives
- Three joint appointments have been processed, two with fall 2013 start dates (both between CLAS/Edwards Campus) and one with a spring 2014 start date, between the School of Education/Research and Graduate Studies.
Strategy 3-B: Increase research activities and innovation
- Eighteen potential foundation professors have visited or will have visited KU from August 2012 through December 2013.
- Eight faculty members were awarded Docking Scholar status in September.
- An initial meeting has been scheduled with current KU faculty who are members of national academies or the American Association for the Advancement of Science to discuss a program to encourage nominations of KU faculty members for prestigious national awards.
Strategy 3-C: Document research excellence with enhanced accountability
- 80% of tenured/tenure-track faculty have been keyed into the PRO system. Faculty yet to be entered are those in Architecture, Engineering, and Pharmacy.
- We have mapped out a preliminary process for the Program Review process. We have a timeline identified for the next Program Review cycle and will begin designing the structure around the review cycle in early spring. Next steps include assembling small groups to review the planned review cycle and make changes before disseminating to a wider audience in late spring.