Research Investment Council
& Strategic Initiative Grant Program
At each of our four strategic initiative summits in 2011-2012, we explored the great things KU is doing today and the even more fascinating possibilities for the future. The Research Investment Council is one immediate method in which we will invest in faculty-driven initiatives in order to move great multidisciplinary ideas forward.
The SIT Grant Program provides funding at various levels to advance our four strategic initiative themes — ranging from seeding initial efforts to seek external support on the one hand to funding established activities to realize a major increase in sustained external funding on the other hand.
- Research Investment Council
The Research Investment Council will advise the provost and executive vice chancellor on investments to support the four strategic initiative themes. The investments will be solicited through a two-level competitive grant program.
- Strategic Initiative Grant Program
Deadlines for submission ofLevel I proposals for the 2014-15academic year are September 15 and February 16.
Level I Templates:
- Proposal Narrative Template (31 KB)
- Budget Template (59 KB)
- Sustainability Plan Template (26 KB)
- Biosketch Template (28 KB)
- External Research Support Template (27 KB)
- Strategic Initiative Grant Support Template (27 KB)
Level II Templates:
- Funded Strategic Initiative Grants
- Frequently Asked Questions