Putting Bold Aspirations into Action
Visit this site often to get updates on the actions we are undertaking to implement the strategic plan. The full strategic plan includes six goals and 22 individual strategies to achieve those goals. A small, but representative, implementation steering committe is overseeing the overall implementation and progress of Bold Aspirations. The implementation steering committee meets once a quarter, but monthly updates across all actions are available below.
- December/January/February 2014 update
- November 2013 update
- July/August 2013 update
- June 2013 update
- May 2013 update
- April 2013 update
Last year, the implementation team focused on six key areas to move us forward in accomplishing the goals set forth in Bold Aspirations. You can read about the tremendous progress we, as a university community, made in 2011-2012 in the Bold Aspirations Annual Report. The second annual report will be available in early fall 2013.
Provost Jeffrey Vitter notes that the success of our transformation relies on the continued input and engagement of the entire community. With that spirit in mind we turn our attention to the third year of implementing the strategic plan. In Year 3 we will focus on:
- Redesigning courses to bring new technologies to the classroom that encourage active learning
- Attracting and recruiting the leaders and innovators of tomorrow through expanded use of Prospect, a software product that allows graduate programs to manage prospective graduate students and applicants
- Continuing to invest in our strategic initiative themes through two strategic initiative theme research summits, the Research Investment Council, Foundation Professors, and Bold Aspirations Visitor and Lecture Series
- Vetting and refining the post-tenure review policy, developed by a committee comprised of diverse faculty and governance representation, for submission to the Kansas Board of Regents in spring 2014
- Creating and vetting a new campus master plan that will capitalize on our historical and geographic assets and develop new modern research facilities that will advance our mission
- Sustaining our investment in Changing for Excellence as we implement the new faculty and staff recruitment module, Kenexa, and commence the second year of implementing shared service centers