Evaluating Doctoral Education
KU will prepare citizen scholars as innovators of knowledge ready to enter the workforce and take a leadership role in meeting the needs and demands of the academy and the global society.
- Rigorous data-based planning and accountability for doctoral education.
- Establishment of standards for milestones, completion, time to degree, outcomes, and placement.
- Mentoring of students to become professionals and scholars inside and outside academia.
- Comprehensive and sustainable funding model for doctoral education.
- Engagement of alumni, their employers, and other stakeholders in refining curriculum and extracurricular opportunities for doctoral students.
- Increased diversity of graduate student body and of graduates.