The University of Kansas is investing in 12 prestigious Foundation Distinguished Professorships to become a part of KU's history of great discoveries and current collection of outstanding faculty.
They join KU faculty recognized with prestigious national and international awards, honored with campus awards and distinguished professorships; and whose research has generated more than $2.2 billion in expenditures during the past decade.
In January 2013, the University of Kansas embarked on a year-long journey to create an updated campus master plan that puts our bold aspirations into physical form.
A major component of the plan includes creation of Innovation Way, a development zone that links existing and new science facilities and fosters an environment of multidisciplinary teaching and research and research partnerships. The project will reinforce multi-disciplinary theme-based science at KU, where collaboration with math, engineering, and social science is encouraged.
Learn more: Innovation Way Video
Visit the Policy Office for more information.
- One of 34 U.S. public institutions in the prestigious Association of American Universities
- 26 prestigious Rhodes Scholars — more than all other Kansas colleges combined
- Nearly $290 million in financial aid annually
- 46 nationally ranked graduate programs.
—U.S. News & World Report
- Top 50 nationwide for size of library collection.
- 23rd nationwide for service to veterans —"Best for Vets," Military Times