An Invitation: Workshops on Organizational Change
Greetings faculty and staff,
The Provost has appointed a Change Facilitators Committee to offer techniques and strategies to assist with the implementation of Bold Aspirations, KU’s strategic plan, and Changing for Excellence.
The mission of the Change Facilitators Committee is to build the capacity for organizational change at the University of Kansas. The committee is making available facilitators for groups engaged in implementation activities, and will also offer educational programs. Facilitators can share ideas and lessons learned across the university and help focus discussions on objectives.
A workshop that provides key information about successful change in the higher education environment will be offered within individual units and on an open enrollment basis. If you are interested in attending a workshop, please RSVP by contacting Andy Foat (email@example.com) in the Provost’s Office. The initial dates and times are:
- Tuesday, January 24th, 9:30–11:00, Kansas Room, Kansas Union
- Wednesday, January 25th, 1:30–3:00, Kansas Room, Kansas Union
- Thursday, February 9th, 1:30–3:00, Alderson Auditorium, Kansas Union
- Monday, February 13th, 9:30–11:00, Malott room, Kansas Union
During the development of this workshop, we have reached out to a number of individuals across campus to provide knowledge from a variety of disciplines related to organizational success. Thank you to each of you who have already shared your time and expertise in service of this effort.
If you have any questions or suggestions, please email the Change Facilitators Committee at firstname.lastname@example.org
The Change Facilitators Committee is comprised of diverse representatives from academic faculty, unclassified professional staff, and university support staff:
- Marilu Goodyear, Chair of Change Facilitators Committee and Director, School of Public Affairs and Administration
- Stuart Day, Chair and Associate Professor, Spanish and Portuguese
- Dennis Grauer, Associate Professor, School of Pharmacy
- Curtis Marsh, Program Director, KU Info and the Learning Studio
- Jenny Mehmedovic, Assistant to the Provost
- Peggy Palmer, Administrative Professional, Office of the Vice Provost of Student Affairs
- Brian Patton, Custodial Supervisor, Facilities Operations
- Kathy Pryor, Managing Director and Budget Director of University Theatre
- Noel Rasor, Assistant Director, School of Public Affairs and Administration
- Margaret Severson, Professor, School of Social Welfare
- Rebecca Smith, Executive Director of Communications, Advancement and Administration, KU Libraries
- Tom Volek, Associate Dean and Associate Professor, School of Journalism
Thank you for your attention, and have a safe and happy holiday!
Change Facilitators Committee
The University of Kansas
Tel. +1 (785) 864-4904 | Fax. +1 (785) 864-4463