Jeffrey S. Vitter
Provost & Executive Vice Chancellor
- Assistant computer performance analyst, Standard Oil Company of California, San Francisco, CA (summers), 1976–1977.
- Research and teaching assistant, Stanford University, 1977–1980.
- Teaching fellow, Stanford University, 1979.
- Assistant professor, Brown University, 1980–1985.
- Associate professor (with tenure), Brown University, 1985–1988.
- Member, Mathematical Sciences Research Institute, Berkeley, CA, 1986.
- Visiting professor, Ecole Normale Supérieure, Paris, France, 1986–1987.
- Directeur scientifique, Institut National de Recherche en Informatique et en Automatique (INRIA), Rocquencourt, France, 1986–1987.
- Lecturer, 2nd Asian School on Computer Science, Bangkok, Thailand, 1987.
- Visiting professor (short-term), Ecole Normale Supérieure, Paris, France, 1988.
- Professor, Brown University, 1988–1992.
- Visiting professor (short-term), Ecole Normale Supérieure, Paris, France, 1989.
- Associate member, Center of Excellence in Space Data and Information Sciences (CESDIS), 1989–2000.
- Visiting professor (short-term) and/or adjunct professor, Tulane University, 1990–2006.
- Professor, Duke University, 1993.
- Chair of the Department of Computer Science, Duke University, 1993–2001.
- Gilbert, Louis, and Edward Lehrman Professor (distinguished professorship), Duke University, 1993–2002.
- Adjunct professor, Brown University, 1993–1999.
- Founding member, Center for Geometric Computing, Brown University, 1995–2002.
- Founding member and co-director, Center for Geometric and Biological Computing (formerly Center for Geometric Computing), Duke University, 1997–2002.
- Visiting professor (short-term), University of Aarhus, Århus, Denmark, 1998.
- Professeur invité, Institut National de Recherche en Informatique et en Automatique (INRIA), Sophia Antipolis, France, 1998–1999.
- Adjunct professor, Duke University, 2002–present.
- Frederick L. Hovde Dean of the College of Science and Professor, Purdue University, 2002–2008.
- Adjunct professor, Purdue University, 2008–present.
- Provost and executive vice president for academics, Texas A&M University, 2008–2009.
- Professor, Texas A&M University, 2008–2010.
- Provost and executive vice chancellor, the University of Kansas, 2010–present.
- Professor, the University of Kansas, 2010–present.
- Roy A. Roberts Distinguished Professor, the University of Kansas, 2011–present.